How To Follow Me On Twitter!!
Posted by BC
Twitter can be daunting. I’m the first to admit it. How does one get into Twitter without becoming completely overwhelmed?? I haven’t found the answer to that question yet. In many ways Twitter continues to fascinate and terrify me.
I can tell you when I launched this blog I started following many specific tech twitter feeds, and for the first time I started to see the potential. Because I was looking for something specific, I wasn’t being blown over by the vast amount of information out there.
I can’t tell you the best way to enter the Twitter-verse, aside from the relatively simple task of following my twitter feed. I’ll do my best to keep my posts relevant to the casual tech user, though I’m sure I’ll slip into “tech geek speak” from time to time!
What follows is a bare bones set of instructions to set up a twitter account to follow twolumpsoftech. I’m going to assume that is the only reason you are activating a twitter account, and so I will be instructing you to skip many steps to simplify the process. Here we go:
- Download the official Twitter app from the App Store
- Click “Sign Up”
- Enter the requested information
- Full Name/Email Address/User Name/Password
- Twitter will recommend an available User Name, but you can change it (an error will occur if your choice is already taken)
- Click “Create Account”
- Several screens will now appear (number varies based on what device you are using to set up your account). For simplicity, just click SKIP for everything (located in lower left hand corner). Make sure you un-check any fields that come pre-checked. This will avoid sending out invitations to all your contacts (which twitter sometimes has as default!)
- After skipping all the set up pages, you will arrive at your main twitter page called “Home”. If you skipped all the set up options, most likely the screen is blank. That’s okay. We’ll get my feed up and running next.
- Click the search button, which is the little magnifying glass in the upper right hand corner, and type “twolumpsoftech”. I promise you won’t have to type that tongue twister more than once!
- If you spelled it correctly, the feed should appear. Tap the feed.
- You will be directed to my main Twitter page. In the middle of the screen is “Follow” button. Click that and you are done!
For those of you who need some images to assist with the process, click this link to learn How to follow me on Twitter.
Posted in Instructions
Tags: how to, Instructions, social, twitter